Lemon Poppy Seed Energy Balls
BioSteel is leading the wave of healthy sports drinks in the market. We are not just talking about a ‘better for you’ product, but rather one that redefines sports drinks. BioSteel is unmatched in the market and is proud to be raising the bar on consumer expectations of sports drinks, and has become the #1 purchased product in professional sports.
These lemon poppy seed energy balls are sweet, tart, light and everything you want in a healthy springtime snack.
We’ve been on a bit of a chocolate kick lately but these lemon balls are a nice change up, and sometimes a lighter snack is in order.
Or sometimes, you just can’t stomach chocolate 24/7.
These Energy Balls are made with just 7 ingredients and are NO BAKE, making them super easy to whip up.
The fresh lemon juice and zest really pump up the lemon flavour, so for those citrus lovers – you’ll love this one.
Give it a try and tag us on Social if you make them at home! @BioSteelNordics @BioSteelSports
- 1,2 dl Oats
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 0,5 tbsp Honey
- 6 tbsp of Water
- 6 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice (we used about two whole lemons)
- 1 tsp freshly grated Lemon Zest
- 3 scoops of BioSteel’s Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until it is half ground – not exactly a powder form, and you can still see some fully formed oats.
- Squeeze the juice of two lemons into a mixing bowl.
- Grate the skin of one medium lemon into that mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, honey, protein powder and poppy seeds into the mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Form into small balls onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Seal and store in the fridge until ready to eat!